“As a general rule, the more that happens to a fruit or vegetable between the time it is harvested and the time you eat it, the more nutrients is is likely to lose.” – Marion Nestle in What to Eat
The question of what happens to nutrients during the process of concentrating is still very much in debate. I leave you with a few articles debating the subject from both sides. Please note, many claims about not-from-concentrate juices not having as much nutrients still has the juice being pasteurized. This is an other process which can deteriorate nutrients from food. I still want to present several points of view for your consideration.
- The Nutritional Value of Orange Juice vs. Orange Concentrate
- Freshly Squeezed: The Truth About Orange Juice in Boxes
- Juice Vs. Concentrate for Nutritional Values
- Orange You Curious About Juice Versus Fresh Fruit?
- Juice Nutrition: From Concentrate vs. Not From Concentrate
What do you think? What have you learned?